- Just about 1/2 way through with California Wine Month 2014. Still time to enjoy California wine . . . and make sure part of enjoyment these last two weeks of September includes a few bottles of wine from the San Joaquin Valley. Lots of local tasting rooms will be open the next two weekends. To make your plans visit www.fresnocountywinejourney.com.
- Attention brides, party planners, anyone looking for great ideas. Moravia Wines will be all decked out tomorrow night with different designs and 20 of Moravia's favorite vendors who offer fabulous products and services. 6pm to 8pm. Food, wine and Sangria tasting. Just $3 per person.
- Mark your calendars now. This is going to be fun girls.
Hey ladies, are you ready for another Girls' Night Out!?! Mark your calendars for Friday, September 26 for a good ol' time at the Big Red Barn. Great food from @[319289151516339:274:Eat Street Bistro and Catering], yummy libations, awesome vendors and back by popular demand... DJ Davey D! Spread the word, y'all! SHARE! SHARE! SHARE!
- TRV wineries are so proud of our association with the Fresno State Department of Viticulture and Enology. Many great winemakers and wine grape farmers have come from this program, some who are influencing great wine right here in the Central Valley, along with others who are contributing to California winemaking in prestigious wine regions around the world.
Fresno State Department of Viticulture and Enology
Grape growers and winemakers attended Grape Day on the Fresno State campus this week, hosted by the Department of Viticulture & Enology with support from industry sponsors. The event was filled with tours of the vineyard, winery, labs, and the V. E. Petrucci Library, and included several presentations on current grape and wine industry issues. Lunch was generously provided by American Vineyard magazine!
- Something fun offered by one of TRV members Simonian Farms. Wine some fireworks to enjoy with family and friends.
This is our biggest FIREWORKS GIVEAWAY yet with 5 lucky winners!! You know the drill... PICK A NUMBER BETWEEN 1 AND 1776 and SHARE this post. The FIRST person to guess the CORRECT number wins the grand prize and runners up will be those closest to the lucky number. 1st prize wins the BIG BANG (over $700 value)! PLUS 4 runners up will take home the BIG TIMER (over $240 value)! Your guess must be posted by TODAY, 7/1 at 5pm. Winners will be announced on Wednesday. SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Good luck, y'all!
- Great things happening at TRV wineries this weekend.
- Engelmann Cellars - 51 Aces in concert
- ApCal - Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans in concert
- Moravia - Family Happy Hour with Fresno Magic Club
- Ramos Torres - "Let's Taco" about it wine pairings
- LoMac - Classic rock with Hard Times in concert
- ApCal - Midnight Run in concert - The Sounds of Journey
- Bring dad out for wine tasting to a few local wineries. Twin Rivers Vintners wineries open today to celebrate with your dad.